Learn how to make a DC scatter plot, which requires crossfilter dimension to use an array.
- [Instructor] We're looking at a basic scatter plot.…Now you'd be forgiven for thinking that this…is a scatter plot, and it is a version, the two of them…are related.…Both of them plot one numerical series against another,…but in the data vis community, a scatter plot…uses symbols, while a bubble chart uses circles…of different sizes and different colors.…Right now, we're going to look at the relationship…between total spent and tip size with a scatter plot.…So let's go to Atom and we're going to start…with our line chart rather than our pie chart document,…and the reason for this is the line chart has…an X and a Y-axis, and it's what we might think of…as a grid-based chart, and a scatter plot…is similarly grid-based, it has an X and a Y axis,…which means it has more in common with a line chart…than it does with a pie chart.…
So we can save that as scatter plot.…And update some of our html,…we're just updating the titles, really, the important…bit of html, which is this div, doesn't need an update.…So then we're on to stage two, which is to sort out…
- Downloading and setting up DC.js
- Building dashboards
- Making charts: bar, area, pie, bubble, boxplot, and series
- Applying graphical filtering
- Working with dates
- Restyling dashboards
- Using D3 charts in a DC dashboard
- Linking charts together
Skill Level Intermediate
Crossfilter for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders1h 33m Intermediate
D3.js Essential Training for Data Scientistswith Emma Saunders4h 38m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Preparing to Code in DC
2. Individual Charts
3. Making Advanced Charts
4. Building a Dashboard
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.