Learn how to make a DC bubble chart, using x(), y() and r() with accessor functions for key, value, radius and color. Explore colorbrewer.
- [Instructor] Bubble chart…can convey an enormous amount of data.…We're showing x and y values…with the position of the bubble.…We're conveying a third value…with the size of the bubble,…which ranges from fairly small to pretty large,…and bubbles can also be colored on a fourth value.…So, bubble charts can reach parts…that other charts just can't reach.…To make one of these…we can keep most of the settings from our scatter plot.…
And in the this case we're even going to keep…our cross-filter declarations,…scatterDimension and scatterGroup,…because bubble charts work in the same way.…So, we can update our variable name to be bubble,…and then we're calling the class bubbleChart,…and we can update our variable name down there.…Now, although we use many of the same settings,…symbolSize and symbol are obsolete.…
They are specific to scatter plots,…so we don't need those.…Now, until now we've only needed a .x value,…but now we're going to set .r and .y.…Now, .y actually is optional.…I'm just going to show you that you could set it.…
- Downloading and setting up DC.js
- Building dashboards
- Making charts: bar, area, pie, bubble, boxplot, and series
- Applying graphical filtering
- Working with dates
- Restyling dashboards
- Using D3 charts in a DC dashboard
- Linking charts together
Skill Level Intermediate
Crossfilter for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders1h 33m Intermediate
D3.js Essential Training for Data Scientistswith Emma Saunders4h 38m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Preparing to Code in DC
2. Individual Charts
3. Making Advanced Charts
4. Building a Dashboard
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.