In this video, learn the fundamentals of Lodash up to a level where you can follow the practical example of the next section.
- [Instructor] In this video we will introduce LoDash.…I will keep the introduction rather…concise as we dedicated the next section in its entirety…on writing an application with LoDash.…After introducing the fundamentals of LoDash, we will also…compare and contrast LoDash with Underscore JS.…We will then use LoDash for the purpose of deeply cloning…an object and comparing deep and shallow cloning…and we will conclude this video with demonstrating how…currying and partial application works in LoDash.…
LoDash got started as a fork of Underscore…back in the days and back then compatibility with Underscore…was important.…However activity in the LoDash library got a lot higher than…in the Underscore library and for this reason LoDash…became a lot more popular than Underscore.…In fact there have even been some discussions on merging…Underscore and LoDash but as far as I know these…discussions ended without success.…One of the main reasons why LoDash became popular is that it…is a lot more efficient than Underscore, for instance…
- Bridging functional programming theory and practice
- Working with Underscore.js, Lazy.js, Ramda.js, and Immutable.js
- Creating a web application with Lodash
- Foundations of reactive programming
- Writing a simple application in RxJS