Join Michael Sullivan for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading data asynchrounously, part of Learning Vue.js.
- [Instructor] I'm here on the NASA APIs home page,…where they explain how I can get access…to a large collection of images and data.…Applying for an API key is optional,…if you just need to make a few requests per hour,…but it's a really easy process, at the end of which,…you'll be presented with a key instantly.…So let's do that, so we have a little more breathing room…with the number of requests that we're able to make.…
Now that I have my key, I'm gonna copy that…to the clipboard, and then save it for reference…in this skeleton app here.…Next, I'm gonna take a look at one of the simplest…API endpoints, which is the astronomy…picture of the day, or APOD.…If I click API Listing here, and then APOD,…and scroll down a bit...…
I can see the URL that I want to use here.…So copy that to the clipboard, and then create…another variable called URL, that includes…that API key in the query string, instead of demo key.…And let's click this, and just quickly take a look…in the browser at the data that this endpoint provides.…
- Adding Vue to a webpage
- Thinking declaratively with data binding
- Methods and event handling
- Adding dynamic style and class attributes
- Using CSS transitions and animations
- Using Vue components
- Vue CLI
Skill Level Intermediate
Web Programming Foundationswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen58m 44s Beginner
What you should know1m 29s
1. The Simplest Form
2. Essential Directives, Options, and Tools
3. Enhancing User Interfaces
4. Vue Components
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.