- [Instructor] Let's load 02_06, Begin,…and open serviceworker.…In this case, we have all the code that so far…is pretty small and only one file.…But on a real project, we know that sometimes…we don't want to write all the code in only one file.…Or we might want to use additional third-party libraries…that are targeting service workers.…Fortunately for us, the service worker global scope…has an importScript function.…
This is a synchronous API, which means…if I have something on line 4, like console.log,…that will be after loading the events.js script.…Remember this is a synchronous API.…If we want to load more files,…we can have as many importScripts as we want,…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Advanced
Web Portfolio Projects: Binding and Propagationwith Leigh Lawhon1h 9m Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.