Learn how to combine a DC pie chart with data table. Learn about DC automatic filtering and the DC chart reset link.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to create a simple dashboard,…and the way to do this is to build a basic webpage…with two columns, and then ask dc to fill each…of the columns, or div elements as they'll actually be,…with different charts.…So, we're going to have a pie chart in one,…and a data table in the other.…And for this first dashboard we're going to use…our simple data set,…which was 12 payment transactions,…and we're going to begin with the data table page…because it already contains one of the elements we want.…
So we'll call it dashboard1, as there will be others.…Dashboard one can go up there.…We're not going to need bootstrap in this one.…And until now generally we've created one div element.…And then we've asked dc to populate the div element…with an svg and various graphical elements.…
But this time, we need more than one div element, don't we?…Because we're outputting two distinct charts.…So we're going to create different kind of structure,…div class of column,…like so, so we've got a row,…which is going to be the full width and height…
- Downloading and setting up DC.js
- Building dashboards
- Making charts: bar, area, pie, bubble, boxplot, and series
- Applying graphical filtering
- Working with dates
- Restyling dashboards
- Using D3 charts in a DC dashboard
- Linking charts together
Skill Level Intermediate
Crossfilter for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders1h 33m Intermediate
D3.js Essential Training for Data Scientistswith Emma Saunders4h 38m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Preparing to Code in DC
2. Individual Charts
3. Making Advanced Charts
4. Building a Dashboard
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.