- Understanding the need for a debugger
- Debuggers in web browsers
- Basic debugger concepts
- Debugging the use of a jQuery plugin
- Remote debugging on an Android device
- Debugging a node application in WebStorm
- Using a debugger as a learning tool on a live site
Skill Level Intermediate
It can be really frustrating tracking down bugs, so every tool we can bring to bear is good for our physical and mental well-being, causing fewer face-shaped dents in our desks. In this course, we're going to go in depth on how to use a debugger to better understand your code, so you can find and fix issues more easily. Fortunately, these tools are pretty easy to use once you understand how they work, so it won't take long. We'll start by going over the basics, what software you need, what terminology you need to understand, and how each main feature of a debugger works. Next, we'll work through a series of examples.
So, let's get started.