- [Instructor] Before coding our first service worker,…we need to understand some new terms,…some vocabulary about service worker.…We have the registration, that's basically one instance…of a service worker that was intended to be activated.…Sometimes, several registrations can be in one browser,…because, for example, they might be an error state…or redundant state, so that means, for example,…you are trying to register a service worker…that does make space on the server.…
And you can try to do that registration many times,…so you can have in memory several registrations…with error state.…But only one registration may be available…in the waiting state, so it's waiting for the active one.…And only one active registration…should be available at any point.…We do have a service worker known as the controller.…So the controller is the service worker…that's currently responsible, so controlling,…the current navigation page, so the current HTML.…
So every browser's tab, or every standalone…Progressive Web App that you're currently using,…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.