- [Instructor] When we are working…with service workers and application cache,…we know that sometimes we want to change the list of files…that we are caching.…In the previous video, we have added,…for example, offline.json.…What happens if the user already has the service worker…and the package?…It's not going to download that file…because the service worker was already installed.…So, for that typically we also need to change…the version number, that's typically a good idea…to change the version number in the name of the cache,…so now if I go back to the browser,…and refresh, we need to make sure…that we are online,…when we look at the Cache Storage,…we have now v1 and v2,…so we have the same assets twice…and that may be a problem if in the future…we have version 10.…
How do we know how many versions the user has…in the storage and those folders…are currently in the space of user's device?…We have duplicated data.…So, we need to make sure…to clean previous versions of cache storages…that previous versions of service worker…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.