Learn how to use web3.js to interact with the blockchain to get data or send ether.
The other thing I want to do is,…I want to go ahead and go out and get the balance.…So to do that, I'm going to override the submit function.…Now, I can use the Web three dot eth package…and I can call a special function called get balance…and this method is going to go out…with a contract address, which I need to set.…So I'm going to go ahead and go…here, and I'm going to create a variable,…I'm going to set this equal to my contract address.…
Now the way we can do that, you can see I've got my…truffle develop server running.…
- How the Ethereum blockchain differs from bitcoin
- What smart contracts are and how they work
- Creating a smart contract from scratch in Solidity
- Using Truffle to test smart contracts
- Using web3.js to interact with the blockchain
- Deploying resources in Swarm
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Set Up
2. Introduction to DApps and Ethereum
3. Writing a Smart Contract
4. Building a DApp
5. Deploying to the Ethereum network
Deploying resources in Swarm3m 42s
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.