- [Instructor] So, we have a project…that is currently working offline…even if we are online.…Now, every time we refresh, we will see that…the app is loaded immediately,…so it has really good performance.…That's because all the resources, or most of the resources,…that are currently in the website,…are coming from the local cache storage.…If you press Shift Refresh, so if you press the shift key…while you click on refresh,…that's a normal load without service workers.…
You can see there is a difference with shift,…and now without shift.…Let's say that we want to change the color of these titles,…like we don't like that color.…So, if I right click, and inspect,…we can see exactly the CSS selector that we need to change.…It's main CSS at line 417.…So, let's change that color.…We go to main CSS,…to that line,…and we change the color.…Let's say I want to change it with a red color.…
So, I'm saving the main CSS file,…I'm going back to the browser,…I'm refreshing,…and I don't see any red.…Well, do you think maybe we're offline?…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.