Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Graphical vs. coding-based languages, part of Programming Foundations: Programming for Kids.
…Programming is sort of like speaking in a foreign language.…We use the same term, language, to refer both to the…symbology and syntax of programming and to the components of human speech.…Just like human languages, programming languages have to be learned.…When you think of programming languages, you typically…first think of code that looks like this.…Statements with punctuation that isn't always intuitive to new programmers.…This, for example, is code in Java.…
Statements, loops, conditionals, and so on.…
- Understanding your child's learning style
- Graphical programming on iPads and computers
- Making things move
- Learning about algorithms
- Programming animations, apps, and games
- Programming virtual and real robots
- Programming hardware: Arduino and Raspberry Pi
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/10/2014. What changed?
A: We updated the "Programming Android apps: MIT App Inventor" video to incorporate new device footage, so you can see how the app performs on an Android phone.