In this video Emmanuel Henri explains the facade pattern with an example.
- [Instructor] What is a facade?…It is basically the pattern of hiding away complexity…by creating a facade for the complex code.…So if you're thinking, "What?"…That's absolutely normal.…If you're a react developer or building components,…you have been using facades every day.…When you are building a component in any framework,…you code the complexity of this component…into a module or file…and then leverage a simple line to render this component…into your code.…Well, this is what the facade pattern is.…
So grab the code from the react folder…into the exercise files,…and let's go through the components quickly…so you'll see how the facade pattern is used…inside of react specifically.…So let's go here, and then in the react folder,…you can literally drag and drop this folder…inside of VS Code.…We're not going to do any code change here.…We're simply going to take a look at the source folder.…So inside the source folder,…and this is a project that I've done…in another course, you have the components.…And then inside of the components,…
- What's a pattern?
- What's the role of callbacks?
- Creational patterns, including Singleton and Factory
- Structural patterns, including model-view-controller
- Behavioral patterns, including Memento and Mediator
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.