- [Instructor] Working with simple geometric perimeters…will only get us so far.…To be able to create more advanced 3D scenes,…we will need to have geometries that are more complicated…than what we have seen previously.…3D modeling is the name of the field…that's concerned in creating…these more advanced 3D shapes.…Using a 3D modeling software like Blender,…Maya, Modo, you could be creating models…that are extremely sophisticated.…These models can then be exported into a format…that can be imported into 3DS.…
Luckily, we don't need to know 3D modeling…to be able to use these more advanced objects.…We can use 3D objects that are already freely available…to populate our scene.…This is not the perfect solution, of course.…The models that you finds free for online…might not look exactly how you want them to look.…They might be too heavy to work with…from a file-size point of view,…or might have other quality issues.…But 3D modeling is a time-consuming task…and it makes a lot of sense to use already existing…3D models whenever we can.…
- Building a simple scene
- Creating three.js 3D objects
- Adding light and shadows
- Animating with Tween.js
- Working with materials and textures
- Editing and importing geometries
- Creating a particle system
- Post-processing with effects and shaders
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building a Simple Scene
2. Three.js Scene Object
5. Materials and Textures
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.