Learn how to create DC pie and donut chart, and explore the resulting SVG element via DOM. Learn how to add percentage tooltip using groupAll().
- [Instructor] A pie chart shows you relative proportions,…and contrary to some beliefs, they generally work better…with fewer categories.…So, we're going to create a pie chart…looking at payment method, which is tab cash in Visa.…So, just three categories.…So, we can save a copy of our file,…and update our...…References.…and we can keep our div just the same.…
So now, let's look at stage two,…which is our Crossfilter data.…I want to see how total payments split by payment type.…So I can use the existing type dimension…that we used for our first bar chart…and then type group needs to return me the total payment…which it already does.…Now, we can change line charts into pie charts…which is just good practice really…but this one's the important one, dc.piechart.…
And we can get rid of ticks…cause we're not going to have any axes…and we can delete a whole bunch of parameters.…We don't want stack,…we can get rid of the second,…optional second parameter.…We don't want grid lines, they're meaningless…for a pie chart, so is an axis label.…
- Downloading and setting up DC.js
- Building dashboards
- Making charts: bar, area, pie, bubble, boxplot, and series
- Applying graphical filtering
- Working with dates
- Restyling dashboards
- Using D3 charts in a DC dashboard
- Linking charts together
Skill Level Intermediate
Crossfilter for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders1h 33m Intermediate
D3.js Essential Training for Data Scientistswith Emma Saunders4h 38m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Preparing to Code in DC
2. Individual Charts
3. Making Advanced Charts
4. Building a Dashboard
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.