Learn how to handle DOM events with Vue instance methods.
- [Instructor] In this video,…we'll take a look at some of the basics…of event handling with Vue…with an example on the login page here,…which you should have added here already…if you're following along,…but which is also available in the exercise files…in the chapter one video six start folder.…So again, we have our simple Vue instance…that's mounted to the element with id app.…And it has a single property…in the data object called message…whose value will be displayed…with string interpolation here.…
But, putting all the event handling code…in the directive argument is usually not practical.…
In this course, Michael Sullivan introduces the Vue framework, explains which problems it aims to solve, and shows how to add Vue to a new or existing webpage. Michael examines a Vue instance and its lifecycle, and shows simple and advanced data binding techniques along with how to manage CSS related attributes dynamically and handle user input and events. After he covers the key concepts and basic conventions of Vue, Michael dives into its component system, which can help you create modular, reusable code, and shows how to use the vue-router plugin to set up a single-page application with client-side routing.
- Creating a Vue app
- Applying control logic
- Binding to the style attribute and class attribute
- Reviewing the features of a Vue instance
- Registering and using Vue components
- Installing vue-cli and webpack
- Understanding the Vue app skeleton