Join Engin Arslan for an in-depth discussion in this video Environment maps, part of Learning 3D Graphics on the Web with Three.js.
- According to the Three.js documentation,…the standard material works best…when used in conjunction with the environment map.…And the environment map simulates the distance…environment reflecting off…the reflective surfaces in the scene.…It really helps when you're trying to…simulate reflectivity on objects.…Environment maps in Three.js are in the form of cubemaps.…A cubemap is a panoramic view of a scene…that is mapped inside a cube.…A cubemap is made up of six separate images…that correspond to each face of a cube.…
Even though you could prepare a cubemap yourself…using a 360 panoramic image,…you will be using one of the maps…that's provided in the Three.js examples folder…inside their Github page.…I'm not including the texture in the exercise files,…but you can download it for yourself from this URL.…Or you could alternatively use any given cubemap…that consists of six images.…You can use the Three.js cube texture loader…to load in a cube texture into Three.js.…A cubemap consists of six separate images…that are for the six faces of a cube.…
- Building a simple scene
- Creating three.js 3D objects
- Adding light and shadows
- Animating with Tween.js
- Working with materials and textures
- Editing and importing geometries
- Creating a particle system
- Post-processing with effects and shaders
Skill Level Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: HTML5 Canvas and WebGLwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
HTML5: Graphics and Animation with Canvaswith Joe Marini3h 7m Intermediate
1. Building a Simple Scene
2. Three.js Scene Object
5. Materials and Textures
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.