In this case,…I don't want to use any of the previous policies…for caching the weather…because, of course,…weather data is changing frequently.…I don't want to cache that.…So I want to use a different strategy here.…If you look in the root folder,…I do have an offline.json file.…That offline.json file is the one…that I'm going to deliver when there is no connection.…So weather need the weather JS file…to read that error message…and if that error message exists with a true…then we are not going to try to get…the temperature information.…
Going back to the browser,…if we reload…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Advanced
Web Portfolio Projects: Binding and Propagationwith Leigh Lawhon1h 9m Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.