- [Instructor] I'm here in Safari, for the Mac,…running the same localhost:5000 project…that we have seen before.…We can see that here the Service Worker…is registered properly and when…we open the tools here, we don't have…an applications tab like in Chrome.…To debug Service Worker within Safari,…we need to go to the develop menu,…and search for the Service Worker sub-menu…and there we are going to see our current domain.…
If there are iframes inside this website,…we might see more than one Service Worker.…If I open this, we are going to receive…an external window that is currently…connected with the Service Worker only.…Here we have the network tab,…we have the debugger, we can have breakpoints,…resources, that is currently using,…timelines for performance analysis, and the console.…Everything is here inside the…Web Inspector for Service Workers.…
We don't have a system like we saw before in Chrome,…to reload the Service Worker,…unregister the Service Worker,…or even see what's going on.…So what you need to do to unregister Service Worker…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Advanced
Web Portfolio Projects: Binding and Propagationwith Leigh Lawhon1h 9m Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.