- [Instructor] Let's open begin on O2O4 and now…we are ready to see what's going on inside a browser.…So I'm going to open Chrome and load localhost:5000…or command click,…control click on window on the URL.…And you can see our website is currently saying…that the service worker was registered properly.…So, if I open Developer Tools or I inspect…or the menu, more tools, Developer Tools,…we can see all the tabs that we have here.…
If you go to the Console,…we are going to see our three messages.…We are a service worker, install event and activate event.…Also there is a tab, a very important tab by the way…known as application where we can see…information about the service worker.…With dragging you can move that application tab,…so I usually keep application and console…really close together.…
So, inside service worker we can see here, that the recent…service worker that is currently activated and running.…We can stop the service worker,…we can start the service worker from here.…We can also trigger an update,…or we can unregister the service worker.…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Advanced
Web Portfolio Projects: Binding and Propagationwith Leigh Lawhon1h 9m Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.