- The Web Audio API is pretty easy to use.…So let's go ahead and dive in and create our first sound.…I'll explain a few things about how it works in the process.…Now when you create a sound, you start out…by creating a context.…Think of this as the container for your sound.…So I'm gonna create a variable here,…I'll call it "contextClass."…And this is gonna be equal to window.AudioContext.…And what I want to do here is make this…a little more compatible with slightly older versions…of WebKit.…
So I'm gonna use a switch here, this or symbol right now.…And if audio context doesn't exist,…I'm gonna ask for "WebKit audio context"…which is just the slightly older WebKit version…of the same object.…Now, as I mentioned before, explorer has…no support for any of this.…So don't try this on that browser.…If we take a look at the "Can I use" website, we can see…that support is planned for the next generation of explorer…browser, but for right now, it's a no-go.…
Now, if that class exists, then I'm gonna create a new…context and push it into my sound variable.…
Visit other courses in the series to see how to solve the exact same challenges in languages like C++, C#, Java, PHP, Python, R, Ruby, and Swift.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One - Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Problem Four: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.