For example, it's a folder with a name of scripts.…In that case, by default, then the service worker will own…or will manage only that script folder…and that's not what we typically want.…So that's why we have another way to define the scope…with an explicit scope declaration.…To do that, we're going to set a second argument of the…register function that we have already seen before.…In that case, we need to set an object,…in this case using Json syntax with the scope.…
We can define explicit scopes down.…So, to manage, it's a folder.…For example, a service worker in the root folder…can define a scope down as myapp folder inside my domain.…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Advanced
Web Portfolio Projects: Binding and Propagationwith Leigh Lawhon1h 9m Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.