That happens also when you are using, for example,…responsive images with a picture tab.…If we look into the CSS file,…that has actually loaded the font,…we can see that one font may use different version.…And each browser will take one of these versions.…For example the truetype or the woff file.…But if we are pre-caching, I don't want to pre-cache…all the versions.…
Because we are not going to use that…and we are we going to waste space…in users device.…So something that we can do…is that we can wait for the browser to actually request…that font file and at that point cache that file.…So on the second load…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.