- [Lecturer] Alright, we've reached the point in the course…where we can use what we've learned about the canvas,…to start building some real, live useful stuff.…One of the first things that we're going…to build is an image slide show.…So first we'll take a look at what the slideshow looks…like when it is finished.…So, I'm going to go out to my folder and in…my examples folder under slideshow, I'm going to open…up slideshow finished in the browser,…and this is a fairly typical rotating image slideshow.…
So you can see that the image changes every few seconds.…And there's four individual images and when…we reach the last one, after a few seconds,…it goes back to the first.…Alright, so let's see how to go and build this.…Alright, here in VS code, I'm going to open…up the slideshow start file and I've already got…some code in place, here in the file.…So here at the top of the code, I've got some variables…that are going to control how the slideshow works.…
So this array has all the images…that appear in the slideshow.…
- Canvas examples
- Drawing shapes, arcs, paths, and curves
- Drawing text
- Drawing shadows, patterns, and gradients
- Using clipping paths
- Displaying images and video
- Transforming objects with scaling and rotation
- Manipulating raw pixels
- Applying transitions
- Creating animations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Canvas
2. Basic Canvas Drawing Techniques
3. Complex Canvas Drawing
4. Advanced Drawing APIs
5. Practical Examples
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.