- [Instructor] Now that we have…the particle system in place,…let's look at our options for animating the particles.…This will involve an approach…that we have already seen before,…which is looping through every vertex,…which are particles in this case,…of the particle system,…and updating the position of them by a random amount.…I will be introducing a little bit of a bias…to the position as well to give them some directionality.…So first, let's start off by giving a name…to the particle system.…So here, after the particle system is generated,…I will be…giving it a name,…and call it "particle system."…And now using this name inside my update function,…I can find this particle system.…
Inside our scene, by using the "get object by name" method,…and I will get the…geometry of this particle system,…I will be getting the vertices on the geometry,…and I will be looping through each vertex…using the "for each" methods,…which is going to be looping through…each vertex, or particles, in this case,…and I will be adjusting the position of the particles.…
- Building a simple scene
- Creating three.js 3D objects
- Adding light and shadows
- Animating with Tween.js
- Working with materials and textures
- Editing and importing geometries
- Creating a particle system
- Post-processing with effects and shaders
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building a Simple Scene
2. Three.js Scene Object
5. Materials and Textures
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.