As mentioned earlier, the scene object inherits properties from the Object3D class. It only has a few properties of its own. One of those properties is the fog property. The fog property allows the scene to fade off to a given color. It is a visual property that can somewhat enhance the aesthetic quality of a scene depending on the style you are going for. There are two kinds of fog objects in Three.js. You are going to be using the FogExp2 object. You need to pass this object inside the fog property to get it working.
- [Instructor] For this video,…I'll be getting rid of the animations…that I have added previously.…So inside the update function,…I will be getting rid of the animations…on the plane objects,…and I will be getting rid of the scale animation…on every object that I have in the scene.…Additionally I will get rid of the positioning…that I have on the plane objects,…and I will again add the box inside…the scene object instead of the plane object.…
Basically I'm removing most of the animation…and changes that I have done in the previous video.…Let's see if everything is working…as expected inside Chrome.…Perfect.…Everything looks static right now.…As mentioned earlier the scene objects…inherits properties from the object 3-D class.…It only has a few properties of its own.…One of those properties is the fog property.…Fog property allows the scene to fade off to a given color.…It's a visual property that can somewhat enhance…the aesthetic quality of the scene,…depending on the style you are going for.…
There are two kinds of fog objects Three.js.…
- Building a simple scene
- Creating three.js 3D objects
- Adding light and shadows
- Animating with Tween.js
- Working with materials and textures
- Editing and importing geometries
- Creating a particle system
- Post-processing with effects and shaders
Skill Level Intermediate
Flash Professional: HTML5 Canvas and WebGLwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
HTML5: Graphics and Animation with Canvaswith Joe Marini3h 7m Intermediate
1. Building a Simple Scene
2. Three.js Scene Object
5. Materials and Textures
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.