Learn how to use row counts with DC dataCount, Reset All, numberDisplay, and how to use filterPrinter to show the selected range.
- [Instructor] Now we're looking again…at the official DC example, which is NASDAQ data,…and this time, I want you to look up…by the title of the chart as I apply a filter.…So there's one filter, and can you see…it now says range, and it gives the minimum…and maximum numeric values for the range that I've selected?…And if I do the same thing on a time series axis,…we get a similar output.…It tells me that the range is from some point in '98…to some point in 2004, and I'm going to show you…how to do that in our Dashboard.…
We can do this without using any DC classes…just by declaring some HTML,…so we'll do it first with our type chart,…and what you do is say span mass is reset,…style is display none,…and within the span tags, we'll say range.…You could say anything you like,…and then we put another span in,…and this one has a class of filter, like so,…and we leave it empty, because DC is going to…fill it in for us.…
So what we have here is a span within a span.…The inner span has a class of filter,…and the filters that we've just applied to our chart…
- Downloading and setting up DC.js
- Building dashboards
- Making charts: bar, area, pie, bubble, boxplot, and series
- Applying graphical filtering
- Working with dates
- Restyling dashboards
- Using D3 charts in a DC dashboard
- Linking charts together
Skill Level Intermediate
Crossfilter for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders1h 33m Intermediate
D3.js Essential Training for Data Scientistswith Emma Saunders4h 38m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Preparing to Code in DC
2. Individual Charts
3. Making Advanced Charts
4. Building a Dashboard
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.