Learn how to use filtered and total row counts with DC dataCount, and how to create a Reset All link.
- [Instructor] When we look at official examples of DC,…there are a few features…that you might not even have noticed,…but pack quite a punch.…Let's click on Gain.…Can you see that we have a sentence here…telling us how many records are included within our filters…and how many records we have in total?…And that updates to keep step…with all of the filters that we apply.…Now this is useful information in its own right,…but also because often with DC…we limit the number of rows that we show,…so your users, here for example,…can only see 10 rows and a grouping row.…
They have no other way of knowing apart from this sentence…that the total number of records…within the filters is 357.…And there's one other useful thing here,…and that's Reset All.…So we've got several reset buttons available to us now,…one, two, three,…because we've applied filters to three charts.…But we can reset all of them in one go…by clicking the Reset All link.…And so we're going to have a look now…at creating those on our little dashboard.…DC provides a whole class for this little sentence,…
- Downloading and setting up DC.js
- Building dashboards
- Making charts: bar, area, pie, bubble, boxplot, and series
- Applying graphical filtering
- Working with dates
- Restyling dashboards
- Using D3 charts in a DC dashboard
- Linking charts together
Skill Level Intermediate
Crossfilter for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders1h 33m Intermediate
D3.js Essential Training for Data Scientistswith Emma Saunders4h 38m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Preparing to Code in DC
2. Individual Charts
3. Making Advanced Charts
4. Building a Dashboard
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.