In this video Emmanuel Henri explains the abstract pattern with an example.
- [Instructor] If you were to take the concept…of factories further, the next step…would be the abstract factory pattern…where you abstract the factories…and are able to create multiple factories,…classes, et cetera.…So in our car example,…this would be a car company overseeing multiple factories.…So let's take a look at what it would look like.…All right, so now we got in our index.js,…a class car, we have a factory for creating Civics…and Hondas and we could repeat this process twice.…So we could literally do something like this, copy,…and and then paste and then create SUVs.…
And then suvFactory.…And then simply change these cars to CX5.…And this guy would be simply something like Sante Fe.…Again, I'm not a car guy…so probably all these statics are completely wrong.…All right, so now that we have that,…we have or new car factory,…so let's be more specific.…So this is a car factory.…
And then we could create exactly the same thing…for the SUV factory.…So we got two factories.…But right now we don't have something…
- What's a pattern?
- What's the role of callbacks?
- Creational patterns, including Singleton and Factory
- Structural patterns, including model-view-controller
- Behavioral patterns, including Memento and Mediator
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.