Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video The schedule method, part of Java EE: Concurrency and Multithreading.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at the steps…for the ScheduledExecutorService demo.…The first one is we have to write a class CleaningScheduler,…which is going to be a runnable implementation.…So let's head back to the IDE.…Under the Runnables package, I'll create a class,…call it CleaningScheduler.…Of course, you will have called it the CleaningProcessor…but since it's a scheduled job,…I'm trying to call it like this.…Okay, and let this implement the Runnable interface.…We want to make a runnable implementation this time.…
So since it's runnable,…the method that you have to implement,…is the run method.…And let's get rid of the default implementation.…The next step is you have to write the logic…for the cleaning of files in the run method.…So what we're going to do is in the run method,…we are going to pick up a folder from our drive.…Now, that folder could be anything.…It's completely your choice.…The files present inside the folder, again,…completely your choice.…There's really not a requirement or hard and fast rule here…
- What is concurrency?
- Processes and threads in Java SE
- Java EE concurrency APIs
- Working with the ManagedExecutorService, ManagedScheduledExecutorService, ManagedThreadFactory, and ContextService APIs
- Defining data access object (DAO) classes
- Adding methods to DAO classes
- Writing REST classes
- Creating custom thread factories
- Creating contextual proxies
- JTA transactions and concurrency
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
Java EE: Design Patterns and Architecturewith Alex Theedom2h 44m Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setup
2. Processes and Threads
3. Executor API
4. Java EE Concurrency APIs
5. Concurrency and Transactions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.