Learn about gson and JSON .
- [Narrator] The documentation for gson,…which you can find at this url,…tells us that gson is a Java library…that can be used to convert Java Objects…into their JSON representation.…The reason that this is important…is because Java stores objects in an internal format…that can not be used conveniently…by other computer languages or for…transportation across networks.…The process of converting Java Objects…from their internal format…into a different format is called serialization,…the opposite direction is called de-serialization.…
JSON is a useful, though somewhat lengthly,…string representation of Java Objects.…It can be used conveniently across networks,…within databases and within file-based…storage and retrieval systems.…In this video, we'll examine some examples…from the gson User Guide.…Remember, the purpose of this video…is to illustrate the use of libraries,…not to teach you about gson.…If you open the code, within the Solutions module,…from your Exercise file folder,…you'll see, for example, that gson Primitives Test…
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.