- View Offline
- Choosing a Java-based XML API
- Reading XML as a string
- Comparing streaming and tree-based APIs
- Parsing XML with SAX
- Creating and reading XML with DOM
- Adding data to an XML document with JDOM
- Reading and writing XML with StAX
- Working with JAXB and annotated classes
- Comparing Simple XML Serialization to JAXB
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] My name is David Gassner and this is XML Integration with Java. In this course, I'll show you a variety of methods for reading and creating XML formatted strings and files in the Java programming language. I'll first describe how to choose an XML API; whether to use a streaming or a tree based API; and which of these APIs can be used with Android. Then I'll show you the code starting with the oldest APIs, SAX and DOM. I'll also demonstrate later editions to Java SE that can streamline your code such as StAX and JAXB.
And I'll also help you get started with JDOM and the simple XML serialization framework. You have many choices in how to work with XML in Java. I hope this course helps you choose the right API for your application and helps you get started with it.