Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Write REST class for injecting MES objects, part of Java EE: Concurrency and Multithreading.
- [Narrator] Now let's create the…RESTful bean Report Resource.…So, let's go to the IDE,…and under the rest package, that's the one.…We want to create a class and call it 'ReportsResource'.…I have not named it right, so I'm going to correct…the spelling right away.…I'm going to say, 'Resource'.…Okay, now this has to be, of course,…given the 'Path' annotation to specify that you are right…for this RESTful bean.…
So, let's say, 'reports. That's the URA.…Let's see the next step.…Inject the ManagedExecutorService object…in the Resource class through the Resource annotation.…So we know that, if you want to get ahold of the managed…executor, or managing tool executor, or manage the factory,…or contact service. Any of these contact IPAs.…You can have a GNDA look-up, or you can inject them while…you do the resource annotation.…So I'm going to show you both the ways right now.…
Let's go there and, let's see, you have a instructor of this…class, ReportResource.…So, how do you do a JNDI lookup?…Let's look at that first and…
- What is concurrency?
- Processes and threads in Java SE
- Java EE concurrency APIs
- Working with the ManagedExecutorService, ManagedScheduledExecutorService, ManagedThreadFactory, and ContextService APIs
- Defining data access object (DAO) classes
- Adding methods to DAO classes
- Writing REST classes
- Creating custom thread factories
- Creating contextual proxies
- JTA transactions and concurrency
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
Java EE: Design Patterns and Architecturewith Alex Theedom2h 44m Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setup
2. Processes and Threads
3. Executor API
4. Java EE Concurrency APIs
5. Concurrency and Transactions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.