Join Elisabeth Robson for an in-depth discussion in this video Where to go from here, part of Programming Foundations: Design Patterns.
- [Elisabeth] Here are a couple of resources … for taking your study further. … Starting with the definitive book by the gang of four. … This is a catalog of the 23 original design patterns. … You'll find each pattern outlined in the catalog … including each pattern's historical examples … in C++ and Smalltalk. … As we've said, this book is very much … a catalog and not particularly focused … on learning patterns and principles. … To remedy that, we'd also like to suggest our book, … Head First Design Patterns, … published by O'Reilly Media. … Our book is a learners guide … to design patterns and design principles. … The book has become the go-to book … for learning about design patterns. … You'll get a deep introduction to the gang of four patterns … and many related design principles. … Of course, you'll also find many online resources … for patterns with a good internet search. … In this course, we've just scratched … the surface of design patterns … and to truly take advantage of design patterns, …
- What are design patterns?
- Encapsulating code that varies with the Strategy pattern
- The limitations of inheritance
- Using the Adapter pattern
- Implementing the Observer pattern
- Extending behavior with composition and the Decorator pattern
- Encapsulating iteration with the Iterator pattern
- Object creation with the Factory Method pattern
- Using design principles to guide your object-oriented design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Design Patterns
2. The Strategy Pattern
3. The Adapter Pattern
4. The Observer Pattern
Using the Observer pattern2m 23s
5. The Decorator Pattern
6. The Iterator Pattern
7. The Factory Patterns
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.