In this video, Doug Winnie reviews information you should know before starting this course. This course is built around the structure of the Computer Science Principles: Programming course and it is highly recommended that you take that course first, or complete it simultaneously with this one. Exercise files can be downloaded from the course webpage, or through my sitecspJava at dougwinnie.com/.
- [Instructor] This course is a basic introduction to the Java programming language. In this course, you can code alongside my examples to learn how to apply core programming concepts in Java syntax. This course is built around the structure of the Computer Science Principles programming course and it is highly recommended that you take that course first or complete it simultaneously with this one. I will not review the concepts from the main programming course and we'll just focus on the specifics of how to apply the concepts to Java. To get your computer setup, you should know how to install software on your computer.
To work though the code examples, you will need a Mac OS or a Windows computer to install the coding tools to write and run your code. This course includes exercise files that you can refer to if you need assistance or download to start the lessons in each movie. These files are available on the course page or can be downloaded via my website at dougwinnie.com/cspJava.
- The history of Java
- Setting up your development environment
- Working with values and variables
- Using methods and functions
- Capturing user input
- Creating conditional tests
- Using loops
- Creating and changing arrays
- Object-oriented programming in Java
- Defining permissions
- Extending classes