What is JavaFX? The short story is that it is designed to be the next generation of GUI for Java, but even better. JavaFX has a library that was written as a Java API (Application Programming Interface) and this allows it to access other Java APIs with minimal coding. JavaFX automates the repaint process and uses the Model View Controller. It supports the use of CSS and FXML to style and build a graphical user interface.
- [Voiceover] So, what is JavaFX?…The short story is that it is designed to be…the next generation of GUI for Java, but even better,…where GUI stands for graphical user interface.…JavaFX has a library that was written as a Java API,…or application programming interface,…and this allows it to access…other Java APIs with minimal coding.…One of the enhancements included in JavaFX is…the automation of the repaint process.…
JavaFX uses the MVC or Model-View-Controller architecture,…and it supports the use of CSS, Cascading Style Sheets,…and FXML to style and build a graphical user interface.…CSS can be used to style the UI.…This approach is frequently used in web design…to separate the appearance and style…from the implementation so developers can…concentrate on coding.…Using FXML allows the separation of the development…for the business rules or application logic to be…separated from the presentation coding of the UI elements.…
FXML, as its name suggests, is an XML based…declarative markup language for constructing…
- What is JavaFX?
- Creating a simple JavaFX program
- Drawing lines, shapes, and text
- Applying effects
- Adding and animating images and charts
- Customizing interfaces with CSS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with JavaFX
2. Sample Applications
4. User Interface Components
6. Custom UIs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.