Join Peggy Fisher for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Java?, part of Learning Java.
- What is Java? Java is a programming language that was first developed by Sun Microsystems in 1995. Some of the features of the Java programming language include concurrency, which is where several computations are executing at the same time, instead of sequentially. Java is class-based, allowing for inheritance to be achieved by defining classes. It is also object-oriented. We create data structures that contain data known as attributes.
- Downloading and exploring NetBeans
- Understanding Java basics: data types, strings, arrays, and more
- Controlling flow with functions and loops
- Creating classes
- Sorting and searching arrays
- Manipulating files
- Handling errors
- Building GUIs
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Java Basics
3. Flow of Control
4. Classes and Objects
5. Beyond the Basics
6. File Manipulation
7. Graphical User Interface Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.