Join Alex Theedom as he guides you through the lifecycle of a WebSocket connection, and discusses the Java EE WebSocket programming methodologies: annotation and programmatic. He shows how to secure and encrypt WebSocket endpoints and use simple techniques to test their implementation. In addition, he explains how to integrate the JSON-processing API and build a front-end and server based WebSocket client.
- WebSocket usage
- WebSocket lifecycle and topology
- WebSocket front end and back end
- WebSocket methodologies
- Annotation methodology and programmatic methodology
- Coding a client API
- Using the JSON Processing API
- Coding the encoder and decoder
- Building the front end
- Testing WebSocket endpoints
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Alex] One of the most hotly awaited editions to the Java Enterprise Edition ecosystem is the WebSocket API. With it's powerful annotation driven configuration and lifecycle model it makes the implementation of bidirectional communication capabilities quick and simple. Hi, I'm Alex Theedom. I'm wild about Java Enterprise Edition. It's a powerful and lightweight platform and I have been developing applications with it for well over 10 years. In this course you'll learn how to implement WebSocket functionality and clients and server applications. You will learn the annotation of programmatic methods to manage WebSocket sessions and life cycle events, how to create and use message types, and to develop message and coders and decoders.
You will see how to secure and encrypt WebSocket endpoints using the container security model and how to test those endpoints. By the end of this course you can expect to be comfortable implementing WebSocket functionality to both the client and the server application. Well I hope you're ready, so let's get started.
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
1. Introduction to WebSocket
2. WebSockets Front End and Back End
3. Project Application and Structure
4. Java EE WebSocket API
5. Messages and Encoding
6. Build Web Front End
7. WebSocket Security
8. Testing WebSocket Endpoints
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.