Learn about how web services are programs that let computers communicate over the internet.
- [Instructor] Web services are programs…that let computers communicate over the internet,…specifically http.…An example is by exposing a function…that can be accessed by other programs.…I'd like to go ahead and demonstrate…creating a web service in NetBeans.…Specifically, we'll be creating…a SOAP web service from scratch.…To do this, let's start off…by creating a new web application.…First, navigate to Projects.…I could choose one of the ones that we have here,…but just for organizational purposes,…I just want to create a separate web project…for his demonstration.…
I'll choose New Projects, Java, Web Application.…I'll call this WebService_Web.…We'll click Next,…and then Finish.…What we want to do at this point is highlight the project,…and then go to New File, by clicking this first icon here.…The category we're going to choose is Web Services.…
If you've guessed it, yes we choose Web Service.…Next, let's give it a name.…We'll call this CalculatorWebService.…Let's specify a package.…We'll call this com.calculator.…
- What is NetBeans?
- Creating templates
- Importing and exporting projects
- Debugging code
- Creating a project
- Creating a GridPane layout
- Creating the UI
- Deploying and executing an app
- Organizing the environment
Skill Level Beginner
1. Intro to NetBeans
2. Templates, Projects, and Debugging
3. Managing Services
4. Desktop Development: JavaFX
5. Web Development - PrimeFaces
6. Working with Clean Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.