Join Reynald Adolphe for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning NetBeans.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files, you can choose to follow along with me as we are going through the course, and to do so, what you'll want to do is just import the exercise files within NetBeans. So, we can just go to File, Import Project, and choose From ZIP, and, now, choose Browse and navigate to your exercise files. I have mine on the desktop, so I'll just go there, and open.
And the last step will be Import. Now, you'll see at the bottom here, Netlfix is doing some work and opening up the projects, and then you'll see it in the Projects tab on your left-hand side. Now, while the majority of these applications will work fine, particularly the consoles, for example, if I choose Debugging_Console and hit Play, you'll see the output here right at the bottom. An application like this, particularly the web ones, will not just run right off the bat, because they are assuming that you have already created a database, so I highly recommend to just go through the course and take the steps that are necessary and just use these as a reference to copy and paste code if you need to.
In doing that, I do recommend using a program as simple as Notepad++, that you can just use to open up a particular folder and access code that you need to. So, let's say I go to Library, Documents and NetBeans.
I can go into the folder where the source code is and just open that up and view the code nicely from here. And the reason why we're using Notepad++ is because it's better than trying to have two instances of NetBeans running at once. So, for Notepad++, just go to this website here in order to download it, and you can choose the version that's appropriate for your operating system.
- What is NetBeans?
- Creating templates
- Importing and exporting projects
- Debugging code
- Creating a project
- Creating a GridPane layout
- Creating the UI
- Deploying and executing an app
- Organizing the environment