Join Charles Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Java for Data Scientists Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Your exercise file folders contain a group of folders, each of which are prefixed with C-H-A-P for chapter. There is also a library or libs directory within your exercise files. Each of these folders contain projects and each project contains two modules, exercises, and solutions. The solutions module contains completed application code and test code. The exercise modules is where we will develop code together during this course.
In the early videos, we will develop code on a line by line basis together. This will illustrate elementary java concepts and help you to build intuition regarding Intellig8. If you prefer to use a different environment, you can navigate to the source folder under the solutions folder for a particular chapter. This folder contains text files with application code and test code. You can then use this code in a text editor or in your preferred IDE.
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.