In this video, Doug Winnie reviews the structure of the exercise files that are used for this course. Exercise files can be downloaded from the course webpage, or through my site at dougwinnie.com/cspJava
- View Offline
- [Doug] The exercise files are available via the course page or from my website at dougwinnie.com/cspJava. The website provides links to Github to visit the site to browse the files, or download a compressed file with all of them. When you download and extract the compressed file, you will see a folder for each chapter. Inside, for each video that includes a coding example. Inside, there is a start folder that you can use to start the coding lesson, or the finished folder will contain the exercise after the video is completed.
The code for each project is created as an IntelliJ IDEA project. To open IntelliJ, you need to open a specific folder that IntelliJ will use to build your coding environment.
- The history of Java
- Setting up your development environment
- Working with values and variables
- Using methods and functions
- Capturing user input
- Creating conditional tests
- Using loops
- Creating and changing arrays
- Object-oriented programming in Java
- Defining permissions
- Extending classes