The challenges in this course build on what you have learned while you were working through the chapter, and help you move your learning forward. All challenge solutions are available in the course's source code repository. There is always an accompanying video for each chapter that walks you through the solution.
- [Narrator] This course includes several videos called challenges. Challenges are hands-on activities that give you a chance to practice what you have just learned. I'll introduce each challenge by describing your main objectives for the activity. If the challenge involves sample files, I'll tell you where to find them. I'll also give you the general estimate of the time needed to complete the challenge. Once you've completed the challenge, be sure to view the matching solutions video. In each solutions video, I will show you the step-by-step processes I use to solve the challenge. And if there's more than one way to go about completing the challenge, I'll mention an alternative strategy as well.
Again, this is an opportunity for you to master what you have learned, and I hope you have fun with them.
In this course, you can journey through the many constraints that are built into the 2.0 version of the Bean Validation API, as well as the additional constraints provided by the Hibernate Validator 6.0. Learn Bean Validation in a practical way while you build a functioning web application. Instructor Alex Theedom shows how to extend the API with custom constraints and how to internationalize validation failure messages. Plus, learn advanced techniques such as cross-field and cross-parameter validation, and how Bean Validation integrates with other Java EE technologies such as JAX-RS, Java Persistence API (JPA), and JavaServer Faces (JSF). By the end of this course, you will have gained practical experience of using Bean Validation in a real web application and be able to implement what you have learned in your own Java applications.
- What is Bean Validation?
- Applying the built-in constraints
- Applying Hibernate constraints
- Designing custom constraint validators
- Managing and configuring validation failure messages
- Creating custom composite constraints
- Creating custom validation constraints
- Cross-field and cross-parameter validation
- Integration with RESTful web services (JAX-RS)