- What is JUnit?
- Comparing values with assertions
- Using JUnit with different Java IDEs
- Creating basic unit tests
- Testing for exception handling
- Creating parameterized tests
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Peggy] Hi, I'm Peggy Fisher. And whether you are just getting started with Java programming, or if you've been programming before, I want to introduce a great tool than can be used to help unit test your programs. It's called JUnit. This is a free open source framework that helps automate the process of testing. As most of you know, testing is a critical component of any phase of a programming project. JUnit is easy to use and provides features to perform a single unit test as well as grouping a series of unit tests together into a single suite.
To help you get started, we will review the download process, use assertions to test our code, review the syntax for several IDE's, and add features for exception handling test, perimeterized test, and basic unit tests. So let's learn about JUnit.