Tableview can be a bit difficult at first to use, but it is a great tool that we can use to create, display and manage tables of information.The tableview class allows us to create a table of information with unlimited number of rows of data. A sample table might be a contact list containing first name, last, and cell phone number.To create a tableview, we first have to create a data model.
- [Voiceover] The TableView class in Java Fx…is similar to the ListView,…but it allows us to have multiple columns of data.…The TableView can be a bit difficult at first to use,…but it is a great tool that we can use to create,…display, and manage tables of information.…The TableView class allows us to create…a table of information with unlimited…number of rows of data.…A sample table might be a contact list…containing the first name, last name,…and cell phone number of all our contacts.…
To create a TableView, we first have to create a data model.…We need to model what a contact looks like.…Each row in the TableView represents the properties…of one instance of our data model.…So in our example, it would be one contact.…It would be their name and their phone number.…The TableView supports what we call cell factories,…which allows us to easily customize the cell contents,…and it contains built-in capabilities…to sort data in columns.…
Let's look at our example.…As I've already stated,…we needed to create a contact data model.…
- What is JavaFX?
- Creating a simple JavaFX program
- Drawing lines, shapes, and text
- Applying effects
- Adding and animating images and charts
- Customizing interfaces with CSS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with JavaFX
2. Sample Applications
4. User Interface Components
6. Custom UIs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.