Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding what you should know before watching this course, part of Java Advanced Training.
This course is designed for software developers who already have some experience programming with Java.…You don't need to have worked in any particular application environment, such as Java enterprise edition,…web applications, or android app development.…You just need to understand the basics of Java syntax,…how to create simple console applications, and how to use the Eclipse development environment…to create, compile, run, and debug.…If you're brand-new to Java, I recommend first watching the lynda.com course, Java Essential Training.…
You will get an introduction to the Java programming language and some valuable information about…how the language and virtual machine work during compilation and at runtime.…You will learn how to install Eclipse, how to create Java projects, packages, and classes.…And you'll get an introduction to the fundamental concepts of object-oriented programming.…You should then be ready for this course and for other lynda.com courses that put Java to specific use.…
- Installing Java on Windows and Mac OS X
- Installing Eclipse
- Using new features such as simplified generics
- Working with advanced class structures (member, local inner, etc.)
- Using the Reflection API
- Navigating inheritance trees
- Managing unordered and ordered sets
- Peeking and polling with queues
- Testing and error handling
- Managing files and directories
- Working with I/O streams
- Next steps with Java
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started
2. Java 7 New Features
3. Using Advanced Class Structures
4. Using the Reflection API
5. More of the Collections Framework
6. Testing and Advanced Exception Handling
Using the finally keyword5m 40s
7. Managing Files and Directories in Java 7
8. Working with I/O Streams
9. Working with Multi-threading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.