Join Alex Theedom for an in-depth discussion in this video Traverse the JSON model, part of JSON Processing with Java EE.
- [Instructor] So, let's get started with the JSON model.…I'm gonna scroll down to the bottom of this class,…and what I have here is a method called load JSON object.…And what this method does is it creates a JSON object.…This code might look familiar to you.…It is actually a copy of the code we used…in an earlier lesson.…When I call the load JSON object method,…it returns a JSON object that represents the JSON data…that we've been using in this course.…So the objective here is to write code…that traverses the object model…and prints out the model's data to the console.…
So let's get started.…What I've done here is I've created a main method,…and within the main method,…I call a method called navigate JSON structure,…and I pass the navigate JSON structure, the JSON object.…And within the navigate JSON structure,…we have a switch statement.…And the switch statement retrieves the value type…from the JSON value,…and with that value type,…it selects an action to perform.…So if the value type is object,…it performs the code related to the object case.…
In this course, discover how to use the Java Enterprise Edition (EE) JSON-Processing API. With its two programming models, JSON-Processing is one of the simplest ways to generate, query, and parse JSON data, and you'll find that implementing it in your projects is quick and easy. Join Alex Theedom as he covers an array of topics, including how to use both the object model and the streaming model, how to traverse a JSON structure, and how to parse JSON data using the extensive builder APIs. When you wrap up this course, you'll be ready to develop with this essential and powerful API.
- Working with JSON and Java
- JSON-Processing API features
- The Java EE JSON object model
- Creating a model from a JSON string
- Building a JSON model
- Traversing the JSON model
- Outputting the JSON model to a data stream
- Parsing and writing JSON data
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Faceswith Patrick Royal2h 11m Intermediate
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. JSON and Java
Work with JSON and Java3m 57s
2. JSON-Processing API Features
3. The Java EE JSON Object Model
4. The Java EE JSON Streaming Model
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.