In this video, learn about content that's on the startup page of NetBeans.
- [Instructor] So upon running NetBeans…for the first time, the NetBeans start page is displayed…as you see here.…And this page acts as like a welcome…to NetBeans providing links to demos, tutorials,…and NetBeans community.…Those items are under Learn and Discover.…Now if you don't want the start page to show up each time,…you can just uncheck this box over here,…Show on Startup, and it will not anymore.…But I do recommend leaving it because there's a lot…of valuable information that's here…that's often ignored by developers…when they first start the application…and they just jump into programming.…
I recommend taking maybe five minutes a day…just checking out something new from the startup page.…You can go to Take a tour and it gives you…some general information about NetBeans itself,…but also you could test trying a sample project,…seeing what's new in the NetBeans application…and what's coming out.…And most valuable is what's going on in the community.…What are other people saying about NetBeans…and what are they contributing?…
- What is NetBeans?
- Creating templates
- Importing and exporting projects
- Debugging code
- Creating a project
- Creating a GridPane layout
- Creating the UI
- Deploying and executing an app
- Organizing the environment
Skill Level Beginner
1. Intro to NetBeans
2. Templates, Projects, and Debugging
3. Managing Services
4. Desktop Development: JavaFX
5. Web Development - PrimeFaces
6. Working with Clean Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.