Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video ThreadFactory API, part of Java EE: Concurrency and Multithreading.
- [Instructor] Now let's talk about the ThreadFactory API.…Executor API by default uses a…Thread factory implementation present inside it…to create threads for the application.…Let's recollect our discussion.…Let me open the Test Executors class…and if you recollect our discussion on line number 30,…we had used this factory method, new Fixed Thread Pool…in order to get the Executor Service object.…Now, since you have not mentioned…any kind of Thread factory reference here,…by default it is falling back…to the default implementation on Thread factory.…
So, the Thread factory's going to manufacture threads…and insert them into the pool…and those threads are going to be reused.…So, whenever you use the executor's default…Thread factory implementation,…it will create threads for you,…all of which are in the same thread group…with the same non-priority priority.…Non-priority is basically number five…and a non-demand stasis.…And whenever you have used the fixed thread pool,…or let's say, the cached pool,…or the single thread pool,…
- What is concurrency?
- Processes and threads in Java SE
- Java EE concurrency APIs
- Working with the ManagedExecutorService, ManagedScheduledExecutorService, ManagedThreadFactory, and ContextService APIs
- Defining data access object (DAO) classes
- Adding methods to DAO classes
- Writing REST classes
- Creating custom thread factories
- Creating contextual proxies
- JTA transactions and concurrency
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
Java EE: Design Patterns and Architecturewith Alex Theedom2h 44m Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setup
2. Processes and Threads
3. Executor API
4. Java EE Concurrency APIs
5. Concurrency and Transactions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.