Join Peggy Fisher for an in-depth discussion in this video Sorting arrays with the array API, part of Java Essential Training for Students.
- Now that we've done a quick review of Arrays,…let's talk about the Arrays API…that's included in the Java JDK.…The Arrays API can be used if you include…the java.util.Arrays at the top of your program.…It contains many useful array Methods.…Some of the Methods include,…Search Methods, Comparison Methods,…Fill Methods, Copy Methods, and Sort Methods.…Let's take a look at a program that uses some of these.…I have a program called SampleAPIs.…
On line 14, 15, 16 and 17,…I declare a few Arrays.…One's an integer array called numbers,…that just has some random numbers.…Then I have a char array, that lists all the vowels.…Notice, since it's a char array,…the vowels all have ' around them.…And then I have two boolean arrays,…that contain some boolean values,…such as true, false, false, true, true.…I know in programming problems,…you have to try and find a value…in an array, you wanna search for it.…
A pretty efficient search is called the binary search.…But a binary search requires that the array…is already in sorted order.…
- Getting started with parsing
- Reviewing data types
- Using decisions
- Creating user-defined methods
- Command-line debugging
- Exploring the Java API
- Creating and instantiating classes
- Working with interfaces
- Storing items with arrays
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Command Level Programming
2. Basics Review
4. Java API
5. Simulations and Algorithm Analysis
6. Classes and Objects
7. More on Classes
8. Data Structures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.